The original treble bridge of this concert grand is about to be removed with a router.
BRIDGE CAP REPLACEMENT - IMAGE ONE
With reference to the image, please note the following;
- A paper rubbing has been taken from the original bridge, as a pattern.
- Bridge pin locations have been evened out (original bridge marking out errors are corrected at this stage)
- Note the masking tape on the outer rim, adjacent to the end of the treble bridge. A datum mark is placed on this tape.
- Masking tape has been placed on the sound board, under the router guides.
- After dewaxing the tape, the router guides are bonded to the tape using car body filler putty.
- The router guide height is set to correct the down bearing as required.
- The new bridge cap is manufactured, awaiting installation. It lays on the sound board and the pin block.
- Note that the medulary ray is visible in the top face of the new bridge cap (at the treble end)
Next picture (image 2)
This page has opened in a new browser window. Should you wish to return to the original Overs Pianos browser page, please close this window in the top left 'close box'.