The piano is now ready to receive the new bridge cap.
BRIDGE CAP REPLACEMENT - IMAGE THREE
With reference to the image, please note the following;
- Twenty millimetres of bridge height has been removed. Some original bridge pin holes remain visible.
The original holes were obviously drilled to uneven depths.
- We replace 20mm of bridge height to ensure that the original damaged pin holes are completely removed.
- The new bridge pin holes will be drilled to a depth of 19mm - using a depth stop.
- We do not approve of the practice of replacing the bridge cap down to the vertical laminate only.
Plugging the damaged holes in the vertical laminate prior to replacing the capping only is, in our opinion,
an unreliable repair procedure.
- A sheet of cardboard has been placed at the inner rim to prevent damage
during the bridge cap removal
Next picture (image 4)
This page has opened in a new browser window. Should you wish to return to the original Overs Pianos browser page, please close this window in the top left 'close box'.